- Research and shortlist the top easy keywords: You could begin by checking out your competitor’s search engine ranking. In case they appear on the first page, then you can grasp the keywords that directed you to your competitor’s display on the page. You could do this by trying several sets of keywords and shortlist the ones that show your intended website abruptly. You can come up with at least four to five keywords and make a list.
- Advanced keyword research: You can carry out an advanced keyword research pretty much on your own. Google has this option of letting you explore so many possibilities and you might as well make full use of those. The most simple being the website for Google Keyword Tool. It would let you analyze your shortlisted keywords as well others and check for their popularity without any help from a professional SEO company.
This particular tool also gives you in depth information about the monthly and global volume of such keywords along with the amount of competition associated with them. The idea is to finalize those keywords that have a high volume, but the lowest competition so that your search engine rankings can improve without too many hassles.
- Incorporating the keywords in your website: Once you are happy with the list of keywords that you have finalized, you need to include them in the content that you publish on your website. As per your preferences, you can alter the density of the keywords. Additionally, you can include these keywords in the meta tags and meta description of your website.
- Link building: You could contact several websites and request them to share your link and in turn you could share theirs on your site. Make sure that you link up with high traffic websites so that your website gets benefitted in the same manner.
- Press releases: When you send out press releases, you can again make use of the same keywords in the press release content. As a matter of fact, Google News tends to quickly pick up press releases which is good as it can place your website right on the top.
- Pay per click and other SEO tools: If your budget permits you, you can use the feature of paid tools and PPC to appear on the first page of Google much faster. One of the marketing sites like Google Adwords is a great option in this regard. You could also create an advertisement and fill it with the right density of keywords to get the expected results.